Contact us for further information regarding local opportunities and registration. We will direct you to the appropriate individual at your secondary school.
The Dual Credit Program might be right for you if you are:
- at risk of not graduating (OSSD);
- enrolled in a Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) program
- enrolled in the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP); and/or
- an early school leaver, under the age of 21 and close to completing your OSSD.
The Dual Credit Program is a great opportunity to finish your OSSD in a unique environment. You will have the opportunity to explore different career paths, and try on college (free of charge!). Northern College has many great programs for students to explore, and students have the opportunity to earn one college credit, and one high school credit by enrolling in the Dual Credit Program. This means that you not only work towards earning your OSSD, but additionally receive an equivalent college credit for your work. All Dual Credit courses are college-level courses, with a college Instructor and college-level textbook. If you are curious about going to college, then the Dual Credit Program will give you the opportunity to explore college while in high school.
Is the Dual Credit Program right for me?
While the Dual Credit Program offers many rewarding opportunities, students must be aware that college courses are both interesting and challenging. The grades you earn in the Dual Credit Program will permanently become part of your secondary and postsecondary school record.
- Are you ready to earn your high school diploma?
- Are you ready to start a new chapter?
- Would you like to save money on college expenses / educational costs?
- Would you like to acquire important and highly transferable skills?
- Would you like to try a new and exciting career pathway?
- Would you like to get a head start on college?
- Would you like to experience an adult learning environment?
- Would you like to see if college is right for you?